OUR CHURCH THEME - 2018
2 Timothy 2:1-7
King James Version
- Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
- And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
- Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
- And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
- The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
- Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
New Living Translation
- Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus.
- You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.
- Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
- Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them.
- And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules.
- And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor.
- Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.