Deaconess Ministry Model
- To be totally committed and ready to follow the instructions and leadership of the Pastor
- To assist the Deacon Ministry as needed in carrying out their duties
- To serve as a role model to young women of the church
The Deaconess of Fairview provide service to God and to the Pastor as needed. This Ministry’s standing duties include:
1. Preparation of the Lord’s Supper table, including maintaining the linens, inventory of and arranging for the food supplies and glasses and assuring that all things are in order for the Lord’s Supper.
2. Deaconess are on duty during Baptism to prepare the candidates and assist the Pastor and Deacons during the service.
3. Maintain the baptismal wardrobes of the Pastor and candidates
4. Assist the Deacons in worship during the devotion, tithe and offering and invitation periods.
5. Be available during worship to provide assistance as directed by the Pastor.
6. Minister to those of the membership as referred
The Ministry is open to the wives of ministers, Deacons, or any other mature woman of the church that is willing to work in a capacity of spiritual leadership and service. The Ministry meets on the first Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
|Doris Simmons, Director